Professional Garage Door Cable Replacement Near Van Alstyne, TX
Garage door cables work in conjunction with garage door springs to ensure safe and controlled opening and closing function. Without properly working cables and springs, your garage door would pose a significant safety risk and would not operate properly. Strong and durable garage door cables are necessary to balance a garage door and control its movement.
Ellis & Parrish Overhead Doors provides trusted garage door cable replacement near Van Alstyne, TX and surrounding service areas. Our local garage door company takes great pride in offering top-notch residential and commercial garage door repair, which is evident by our 5-star customer reviews!
Garage Door Cable Replacement Benefits
You can have the best-looking garage door, but if it doesn’t open and close correctly, it’s not serving its purpose! A garage door is meant to add convenience to your daily life and business operations. Each individual garage door component plays a part in the door’s overall functionality, including garage door cables. Replacing your old or damaged garage door cables offers many benefits, including:
- Improved safety due to reduced risk of an unbalanced door
- Smooth and reliable garage door function
- Extended garage door lifespan and less wear and tear on other parts, most notably the garage door springs and garage door openers
- Money and time savings with fewer garage door repairs needed
- Noise reduction during opening and closing
- Increased home value
Specific Garage Door Cable Replacement Services We Offer
Garage doors are complex systems, and cables are one component within these machines that are also complex. They work with many other parts to perform their job reliably despite high-frequency use and sometimes harsh weather conditions. Aside from the garage door cable itself, there are many parts involved that our Ellis & Parrish team will inspect, diagnose, repair, or replace. Contact our team to schedule the following garage door cable replacement or repair services near Van Alstyne, TX today:
- Garage Door Cable Adjustment
- Garage Door Drum Replacement
- Garage Door Pulley Replacement
- Garage Door Spring Replacement
- Garage Door Safety Cable Replacement
- Garage Door Cable Lock Repair
- Garage Door Cable Bracket Repair
- End Bearing Plate Replacement
- Garage Door Cable Safety Inspection
- Garage Door Cable Lubrication and Maintenance
Signs You Need a Garage Door Cable Replacement
When your garage door stops working, you may not know if your garage door cables are the main culprit. That’s ok! We offer FREE quotes and will inspect your door to determine the best course of action. There are signs that indicate a garage door cable replacement is needed, though, so if you notice the following, book an appointment with Ellis & Parrish right away.
- Visible damage, such as fraying, rust, or broken cable strands
- Loose cables that have fallen off the drum or pulley
- The garage door is uneven and moving with jerky motions
- The garage door opens or closes slower than normal
- The garage door won’t open at all or stops halfway through a cycle
- You hear loud grinding or squeaking noises during operation
Schedule Garage Door Cable Replacement Today!
Ellis & Parrish Overhead Doors is your go-to local garage door company for all your garage door installation, repair, and maintenance needs near Van Alstyne, TX. You can count on us to provide fast and affordable garage door service near you. Have a garage door emergency? Call us right away for our 24/7 emergency garage door service! We have what it takes to keep your residential and commercial garage doors operating smoothly for years to come! Schedule a garage door cable replacement or other repair service today!
How can I make my garage door cables last longer?
The best way to increase the lifespan of your garage door cables is to set up a regular garage door maintenance routine. We recommend annual maintenance for the best results. During a tune-up, our trained technicians will inspect your door, lubricate all moving parts (including the cables!), tighten loose parts, make adjustments, and perform safety checks. Read more about the impact maintenance can have on your garage door and its parts on our blog: Top 4 Reasons Why Garage Door Maintenance is Crucial.
How long do garage door cables last?
Depending on the quality of the cables and the installation, ongoing maintenance, frequency of use, and weather conditions, garage door cables usually last 8-15 years.
Can I replace my garage door cables myself?
We don’t recommend DIY garage door cable replacement because garage doors are extremely heavy. Since cable and springs carry the entire weight of the garage door, it’s best to leave these specialized repairs and replacements to the experts.